Thursday, May 14, 2009

what is the most painful disease in the world?

i asked a friend this question and she said, in a few seconds- loneliness!


well, that's something I thought I was the only one who had realized. She surprised me with her answer. I agree with it completely. Loneliness is the greatest curse in this world. People do not talk to people unless they have a reason which can be quantified. There are just too many strangers, unfortunately.

I refuse to let loneliness bother me! I do not think anyone is a stranger. This evening, I spoke to two new people. One from Pakistan and one a local Singaporean. I just spoke to them, just like that, as if we were related. and yes, we are related.

are we not humans beings? do we not share the same planet? do we not crave for similar things- success, love? do we not cry when it pains? do we not yearn for a touch, a hug? we are all the same...

we are all related. there are no strangers.

I choose to believe this. I will talk to whoever I feel like talking to. on the streets, in the train, on the bus, in the office, in the coffee shop, on a trek, in a party, where ever, when ever!

No body does this? I don't care. I will do it. I will not let this disease get me. I may choose solitude sometimes because I want to spend time with myself.

Not loneliness

No comments: