Saturday, August 28, 2010

Success is happiness!

"My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel tons of pleasure and very little pain"

Anthony Robbins

How do we evaluate the quality of your life? How do we know you are successful or not? What is success?

The other day I woke up thinking about these things. It was a beautiful morning like all early mornings at 5-6 am.

Success for a human being, in my opinion is, his/her HAP- Happiness and Pleasure

The opposite is SAP- Suffering and Pain

Coincidentally, HAP happens to be the first 3 words of the word Happy. And SAP happens to be a verb which means 'to drain energy and vitality!"

Let's not focus on the negative. Lets focus on HAP.

What the heck! I wish I had known this earlier. If I had, life would have been different and I would have taken different decisions. You know, there is a trap many of us get entangled in. It's called the trap of "would have should have could have might have."

Rule number 1: Success is happiness. Amen!

If you are happy, you are successful. If you are not happy, go to rule number 1.

No comments: