Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tears

When some people feel sad, they shed tears.


There have been times in my life when I experienced certain events and felt there was suddenly a burst of water in my eyes from I don't know where and I was crying! When I shed those tears, I made sure I was alone- and then, it burst! Hell, I won't want anyone to know that I cried. What nonsense! Although I think I am relatively stronger now, still, I can't guarantee if I will not shed any tears again. It's a sign of weakness, isn't? But then, isn't it also a part of being human? Whoever said that we are supposed to pretend to be invincible and thereby, not allow any of those awful face smudging droplets to stay where they come from!


Some people just cry more often than others. Especially women. You know they say, men don't cry. At least, not often. I get very uncomfortable when someone around me cries. I don't quite know what to say. I am never sure what's the most appropriate behavior. At the best, I can offer a hug and let the tsunami continue till it calms down.


We don't want to cry. We always want to smile and be happy, don't we? But, that's just not the nature of life. I think it's okay to shed those tears sometimes if it makes us feel better. Moderation is the key. Perhaps, it is something I will always be ambivalent about and be comfortable with the ambivalence.


P.S. Men do cry.

:P

Amar

No comments: