Saturday, August 02, 2008

it's friendship day!!

so who is a friend? it is one of the most casually used words in English language and everyone has their own idea of what it means. now this is my blog, so i will say mine.

A friend is characterized by qualities of care and presence. They are there, in your mind and around you, no matter the geographical location. It's not about convenience, it is about trust and the feeling of a bond. When there is something serious and sensitive to talk about, the name that pops up is the friend.

I feel alone at times. yes,i do. Being extremely selective about the people I interact with at a deep level, I find myself without company at a number of occasions, but that's the way I am and that's the way i will be.

I am thankful to life for giving me a few good friends, people who understand life at more than a superficial level. People i can really discuss the depths of my thoughts, I am thankful to you.

Pallavi has been my long cherished friend, she's seen me through some of the worst of my phases and i will never forget that....you deserved a mention for you have been a long story... :)

dale Carnegie says- if you want to make a friend, be a friend...it takes time, energy, faithfulness and selflessness...yes it needs all these things....it's not something in the passing, not come and go

kudos to great friends and kudos to friendship...happy friendship day!!

No comments: