Tuesday, October 14, 2008

when in doubt, don't!

Our dean has a tendency of saying "when in doubt, dont!" So many times i have made decisions in life when my body told me not to move forward but for reasons of logic or otherwise, I did and those decisions proved wrong in hindsight.

I lost. Decisions have to be felt right logicaly and emotionally. Your body talks, mind does all the time. If a decision does not feel right, do not do it.

As a Manager I am sure I will be required to take decisions with incomplete information, it will depend on if it does feel right to me or not! It will! A decision is a like jumping into a stream which may take you in your anticipated direction or the other direction.

If you choose one end of the stick, the positive one when you decide to take a decision, you are at the same time, choosing the other one as well.

good luck

No comments: