Friday, January 02, 2009

thoughts of the day!

from the book-know your limits and then ignore them!

Start where you are!

Start with what you have, not with what you don't have. Opportunity is always where you are, never where you were. To get anywhere you must launch out for somewhere or you will get nowhere.

Hamilton Mabie said,"The question for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had the means, time, influence and education advantages, but what he will do with the things he has." Each of us has an ability to begin to create what we need from something that is already here.

Teddy Roosevelt said,"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."

The truth is, you can't know what you can do until you try. The most important catalyst to reaching your dream is starting where you are. Edward Hail said,"I can't do everything but I still can do something; and because I can't do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

No longer forward nor behind
I look in hope or fear;
But, grateful, take the good I find,
The best of now and here.

by John Greenleaf Whittier

No comments: