Saturday, April 11, 2009

A message on the Gospel and a stadium!

I just came back from Singapore Indoor stadium. I went there to attend a talk by world known evangelist Mr. Bonnke. Looking at the gathering, it is clear that he is world known.

The stadium was packed with close to 15000 people. Over this weekend, about 50000 people would have received the message of the gospel from him. By the way, an evangelist is a preacher of the gospel.

But, I did not get a whiff of what he was talking about.

I can't believe it. All right, I did not go there because I wanted to receive the message of the Jesus. I did not either receive it.

I went there because I was curious to know what makes this guy so famous and i will now try.

Religion sells. Weakness sells. Religion appeals to the weakness in human beings and it sells. He told us that all of us are in cages and Jesus will release us tonight. He told us that Jesus gave his holy blood for all of us and he bought our souls with it. He gave the ultimate sacrifice. He said that tonight is the night of salvation and we will go home on wings. I believe most people would take public buses back home. I did, although I did not believe a word.

You see, the entire point is that these folks discourage curiosity because they cannot satisfy it. You ask them a question and they will counter question with something like, " what will you say that Jesus will ask you, where were you at the time of salvation!!!!!!!!!!" now handle that!

The audience was mesmerized. Most of them were grooving with their eyes closed and hands in the air. They were grooving left and right, singing, "Jesus is our lord". Wow! I was amazed.

Well, nothing wrong with it. He said that fame, money are wordly things we should not aspire to. So is sex or women for that matter. Well, may be.

I am not making a point about Jesus. I am making a point about religion. Any religion. It makes you weak and then it sells.

My final point. Close to 50000 people spent time and money to hear Mr. Bonnke speak. To me, it was trash. But people heard and they clapped and they grooved and at least pretend to enjoy themselves!

I have a lot of say. Things that will make human beings proud of themselves. Self-confidence, power and belief in our own ability is what I can sell and I believe it is my duty to sell it.


The day will come when hundreds of people will line up to listen to me and I will not leave them weak by the end it all. I will leave them powerful and ignited. I will leave them with greater ability. I will leave them with their heads high.



Never bow your head, always hold it high...
look the world in the eye

No comments: