Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mummy and the emotion of love!

My mother has never said to me even once in my conscious memory that she loves me. Never uttered those 3 all important words-"i love you." She is just too shy for that. Once while coming back from office, I bought a rose and took it to her and said "i love you!" and she just said 'pagal (you fool)!' I wonder if she thought any more of it. But I felt good about the foolish act of mine.

But I know that she does. In fact, I have never loved, love or will love someone as much as I love her.

You know, some genius said that 'love is a verb.' It must be a verb. Mummy just knows :-)


Whenever I stayed away from you

I missed having you around

I have always wanted to hear you once

no matter how occupied myself I found

I have no idea when I became a man

Whenever I say 'mummy,'

I am the same old kid

Growing up was never my plan

I know every time you ask me, 'What time would you be back?'

that you are concerned like its due

I may shout, I may scream the lack of independence

I know at the end of the day I want to see you


More than anything else

More than anyone else

I know you won't read this

Mummy, I love you

No comments: