Friday, March 18, 2011

I am born to be a free bird!

To sing, To fly
To go as much as I care
To go as much as high

To do what I love
And do it at my pace
I just don't want to compete with them
It has been and it's just my own race

I don't want to answer anyone
My accountability is to the mirror
If I can look to it straight in the eye
There is nothing out there that can make me shy

My convictions are worth a fight
If it does not make us happy
How does anything become right?!

So often I don't seem to fit in
Never ever have followed the herd
Something inside me keeps reminding me

that I am born
I am born to be a free bird

I am waiting for the day I will break free
Either I will live or I will die

But I see only this one life
And I don't want to be caged

I am born to be a free bird and I want to fly

No comments: