Friday, December 18, 2009

Steve Jobs Stanford Speech

these are excerpts from one of the best speeches ever made by any human. I love it immensely. excerpts.

"dropping out of college was one of the best things I ever did. Since, after that I stopped attending classes that did not interest me at all and started attending classes that looked far more interesting"

"connecting the dots---you can't connect the dots looking forward, you can only connect them looking backwards"

"love and loss- i found what I loved to do early in life. After getting fired, I realized that I still loved what I did. I have been rejected, but I was still in love. YOU HAVE GOT TO FIND WHAT YOU LOVE. THAT'S TRUE OF YOUR WORK AND TRUE OF YOUR LOVER. if you have not found it yet, keep looking. don't settle. As with all matters of heart, you will know when you will find it"

"death- if you live each day as if it was your last, someday, it will most certainly be right. if today is the day, would I want to do, what I am about to do today?! When you realize, you are going to die anytime, there is no reason not to follow your heart.

death is a destination we all share. death is the single best invention of life. your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life. have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. Every thing else is secondary"

stay hungry, stay foolish.

No comments: