Sunday, December 20, 2009

thanks, amar

I could not help recording it here! someone thanked me, thus. This atones all the mistakes of my life so far. It makes up for everything. I am finding it hard to understand the plans destiny has for me, as on today; but I know I trust myself to do what I consider just, fair and honest and that is all I can do.

The rest, is beyond me.

"Hi Amar, You have done a great job with the article.

It is not everyday that we come across a volunteer who will give up his hot-chocolate-in-bed winter morning and be with a bunch of kids and a small NGO. The one thing that comes from the bottom of my heart is this: What you have done that day, or on the day of the previous function, you have done forever. It stands done, un-erasable. The children will have permanent memories of you, your sitting with them, joking and talking with them, some may be already aspiring to become like you, have smart clothes, camera strapped around their necks, talking cool English. They will involuntarily work towards it.

It is the impression some people left on us in our childhood that made us do certain things, similarly, we are leaving impressions on some children now. I am sure many girls from the villages already have a crush on you too! I remember my school days when every visiting smart chap was an object of a crush. (Notorious girls school days!)

What I want to say is that the positivity, the kindness and the readiness that flows from you, is unique, never let go of it. Even if you come once in 15 days or a month to SY, whatever, it is that special thing that you have, of being able to give 200% on that occasion that makes you really rocking, true to your FB identity. Just keep that intact."

No comments: