Tuesday, July 06, 2010

staying alive! if i die tonight....

here, for anybody who cares!

in the last few months, after having finished my book, I guess the only thing that's kept me going is that I am alive and my persistent, compulsive optimism that staying alive is a gift!

It's not been a lot of fun being alive though but I guess this shall pass. A lot has passed and I survived. This shall pass too. Let's see. If something were to happen to stop my journey, it's okay too.

I have seen a lot of beautiful things about life already. Some moments were worth the whole life :), like

Falling in love
Scoring a first class in undergrad
holding her hand, the first kiss
Being the best performer at work many times over
getting an MBA from a top B school after 5 years of struggle
Organizing events, leadership forum, winning the name ball :)
Traveling to Singapore, Dubai and Batam Indonesia, some beautiful places in India
Every time I got to address an audience
Getting to share my poems and dedicating them to many faculty at campus
Writing my first book and having it read by many people who liked something or the other
Sitting on a rickshaw to riding a bicycle to school to riding my bike, driving my car
Making friends and spending time with them
Dating
Surviving adversity, over and over
Almost 3 decades with my parents
Teaching public speaking
Blogging
Reading great literature
My small library
Running and feeling the rush in my body
Rising up in the morning and feeling the grass
Being a rebel many times over
Being a proud atheist and apostle of selfish happiness
Just being myself in my own way!

It's been a good life, even if I die tonight! thanks the almighty powers for allowing me the wonderful days. I have been a nice guy if not a great guy, a man I respect and admire, someone who dares to stand for what he believes in.

I have had my faults and fallibility's. I have never been perfect and made many mistakes. But I never deliberately did anything to bring pain to another human being.

I have been faithful in love and did everything I could to be loving and caring. I have not been the best son and brother, perhaps.

If I die tonight, I will die a proud man. But the world would have lost someone very valuable who could make tremendous positive difference to it. ha ha

this was fun! and i meant it the whole of it :)

No comments: