Saturday, March 05, 2011

My old bike

I was 20 something
When Papa bought me a bike,
It was a Bajaj Caliber,
The feeling was something ecstasy like

I rode it in the sun
I rode it in the rain
It stayed with me when life was fun
It was me when I was in pain

I have fond memories of everyone
who's has been a pillion when I would be riding
Some of them have stayed around
Many of them have gone in hiding

The wind would blow my hair away
And I would just enjoy and let it sway
Under the canopy of the sky
As I think now
I wonder just how fast time flies by

My old bike is still with me
I don't quite ride it anymore
but whenever I look at it
It brings back memories
of days I can't forget for sure

Life is a forward stretch
we don't quite like to look back
for past is something
which, in present we often lack

But ain't it true that
we are the sum of every moment we have felt
Everything is a part of us
Nothing till we are conscious will ever melt

The past did not last
but I chose to keep what was pretty and beautiful
I chose to keep the feel of those moments till the last

I still feel emotions like I used to
I still want the same things
you may easily guess
Love, Success and happiness!

I may have changed a bit
but I am still much alike
to the boy who was ecstatic the day he got that bike

My old bike
is a good bike


No comments: